Viral Season Guest Policy (November 27, 2017-April 30, 2018)
To help us protect patients from the flu and other viruses, the following guest policy will be in place during the viral season:
- For Intensive Care Units (Floors 14, 15, 16) and Observation Units (Floors 2, 5, 7): Three healthy people at the bedside at a time.
- For Acute Care Units (Floors 17, 19, 20, 21): Four healthy people at the bedside at a time.
More guests crowded in the patient room are more likely to spread a virus, even if they appear healthy. Minimizing the number of guests overall minimizes the possible exposure of your child, and all the unit's children, to dangerous viruses. Please remember always to wash your hands before entering and leaving the patient's room.
Since we began our viral season guest policy, we've been able to decrease the number of viral illnesses at the hospital.
Who Can Visit a Patient
- Healthy adults over the age of 18
- Siblings who are at least 12 years old and are supervised by an adult
Who Cannot Visit a Patient
- Anyone under 12 years old
- Anyone who has any of the following symptoms: runny nose or nasal congestion, sore throat, cough or fever of 100 degrees or higher
Main caregivers are welcome at the bedside any time. Hours for other visitors are 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding these restrictions, please speak with your child’s nurse.